Waves of Want



I journey as thirst competes my burning feat
Oftimes I feel that I have lost more miles than I’ve gained
night scorns my endeavours to appease the bleeding hearts that yearn for brief relief,

My own strength fails me,
My midnight pacing imprinted
in the marbled floors of my endurance

My brow lined with the failed commitments
of those who have left me to fend by myself,
for myself,
while they are rewarded by my earnest pleas;
my slim palms sealed in prayer for their plight

My troubled heart tossing and turning 
as my trust scans their duplicity,
only to turn away with disdain.
My best efforts as dung before their misguided wants;

Restless anguish wash over my harvest
of disappointment and betrayal.
Yet what are we if we cannot be and give our best,
even in wistful smiles,
and wishes for undefiled devotion,

But then these wishing waves recede,
the desert blooms,
sadness fades into oblivion,
and the knight rides with unbridled passion and, 
all is well,

until that moment when once again
my brow creases with the failed commitments
of those who have left me to fend by myself,
for myself,
and I wish, simply wish that perhaps someday
I shall look across the ocean 
and see my wish sailing home to me

(C) Jambiya Kai

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Man Called David Mungoshi

Cedric Cobham - The Downs Freak

Mother What Have You Done!