The African Savanna


I was not crafted from your soil. 
My feet cracked not from walking miles in your shoes.
this is what you say -
yet my heart laboured as it poured it's blood for your ebbing life.
My eyes dried like autumn leaves
as it dreamed your dreams
stared into your vacant spaces
and watched the darkening of your sun. Bony fingers drained of sleep;
my convictions seeping into
yellowed scrolls;
squeezed through prohibited portholes
I'm not like you -
our southwestern, eastern northern borders crisscross,
but our skin and kin are not same
that's what you say,
though the matching molecule
of life flows through our veins,
our fears and fight intricately woven
in our mothers womb.
The soil we tread is hers;
borders cannot chain
my purple passions.
I have eaten from
your wastelands and tasted
the bitter wines of servitude
that now burn inside my belly,
Is the red you breathe not mine -
Are we not the Africlan
who cheer our liberation
from the cup
of a bloody savanna
that feed our herd and cattle -
We are the same
say I,
We are African

(C) Jambiya
"The power of words".



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Man Called David Mungoshi

Cedric Cobham - The Downs Freak

Mother What Have You Done!